Português
Geocode 28° 40′ 42″ S 49° 22′ 13″ W - Altitude 46 m
  Criciúma



 Title: Window of the old kitchen
 Description: Kitchen of the old "Big House". Built by Augusto Casagrande in 1920, the building now houses the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Pair of shoes
 Description: Used in the late nineteenth century, early twentieth century. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Monument to the Miner
 Description: This bronze monument dates back to 1946 and is situated at Luz Etelvina Square. It is inscribed: "Criciúma to the Men of the coal from 1913 to 1971."Its construction marked the 33 years of the implementation of the coal industry in southern Santa Catarina.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Estado Palace
 Description: Built in the 1960s, was the Forum of Criciúma for decades. It's architecture was influenced from the Bauhaus School of Architecture and Design, Germany.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Interior of a coal mine
 Description: Octávio Fontana Visitation Mine
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Double room of the old
 Description: Atmosphere the double room. The bed and mattress belonged to the couple Augusto Casagrande and Cecília Darós Casagrande from the 1920s. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Soup tureen
 Description: This soup tureen was a wedding gift in 1914, given by the couple Luiza Mendes and Carlos Coutinho, to the bride Teófila Maria de Figueiredo. It was bought in kitchenware shop Liz in the city of Laguna. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: The train tracks
 Description: Located at the boundary between of the cities of Criciúma and Nova Veneza
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 23/12/2012
 Title: Stairs of the Chimney
 Description: It is located in the neighborhood Próspera in the Chimney Square. This Chimney was part of a power plant, owned by a company of coal extraction called Carbonífera Próspera SA, which was inaugurated on 1st May, 1943. The energy produced by the plant was used for maintenance on weekends
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/11/2013
 Title: Ceramic coating of the Estado Palace
 Description: These tiles are of the laterals walls of the Estado Palace. Are characteristic of the 1960s, when the construction of the building. This ceramic coating was manufactured by CESACA, first ceramic industry Criciúma.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Geral Mountains
 Description: View of the Geral Mountains from the city of Criciúma, with the newly installed aerogenerators
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 05/08/2013
 Title: View of the Getúlio Vargas Avenue
 Description: Getúlio Vargas Avenue is located in the city center of Criciúma
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/11/2013
 Title: Architectural detail of the House of Culture Neusa Nunes Vieira
 Description: The construction of this building was completed in 1943 to be the seat Municipal Government, and later used for other purposes. From 1987 became the seat of the House of Culture.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Pitcher and Bowl Set
 Description: Dating from the 1910s. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Interior of the Cathedral
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Faith
 Description: Our Lady of Lourdes grotto
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 14/02/2008
 Title: Chamber-pot
 Description: Used in the early twentieth century. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Interior of a coal mine
 Description: Octávio Fontana Visitation Mine
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Stairs of the Estado Palace
 Description: The State Palace was built in the 1960s, and for decades was the Forum of Criciúma. It's architecture was influenced from the Bauhaus School of Architecture and Design, Germany.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Cresciuma Railway Station
 Description: This railway station is a replica of the original Dona Tereza Cristina Railway Station, inaugurated in 1919 and which was the first in the history of the municipality. It was located in the city centre. Around 1975 it was decommissioned and then demolished. This replica of station was built in Parque das Nações (Nations` park) at Próspera neighborhood. There is available to the public a locomotive with two wagons called "Teresinha", replica of a 1920s German model operating on the 800 meter railroad around the park.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 26/12/2016
 Title: Interior of the Cathedral
 Description: Interior view of the St. Joseph Cathedral from the main door
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Provision cabinets and kitchenware
 Description: Furniture and wooden kitchen utensils used in the early twentieth century. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: Stairs of the Old Casarão
 Description: Stairs inside the old "Big House". Built by Augusto Casagrande in 1920, the building now houses the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: Interior of the Church
 Description: The Church of St. Casimir is located at Linha Batista. It was built by Polish immigrants and inaugurated in 1930. Its name is a tribute to St. Casimir, patron of the Linha Batista.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/03/2012
 Title: Cards trunk
 Description: Belonged to Maria Piazza Motta, first teacher of Criciúma, that used to store letters and private confidences. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: Crucifix, kneeling-desk and trunk
 Description: Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum. The crucifix, sculpted in wood by Angelo Moro, belonged to St. Peter Chapel (Parish of Siderópolis/Nova Veneza) between 1895 and 1955
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: The tower and the clock
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 11/10/2010
 Title: Partial view of the city
 Description: Picture of the central region of the city
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Interior of the old
 Description: Living room of the old "Big House". On the left side is a portrait of the old owner of the house: Augusto Casagrande, that completed it in 1920. It houses the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum nowadays.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Replica of the first church of Criciúma
 Description: The first chapel in São José de Cresciuma was built in wood by the immigrants in 1899. Some time later it was necessary to build a larger church. In 1917 a church of masonry was constructed in the same place where there exists until today the Saint Joseph Cathedral at Nereu Ramos Square, in the city centre. This 75 square meter replica reproduces the original church with great quality. It was inaugurated on 07/01/2016 and is located at Morro Cechinel. During the inauguration Bishop Jacinto Inácio Flach said the following words: "We have another place to gather the faithful and seek God. This new chapel reminds us the deeds of our ancestors."
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/01/2017
 Title: Wardrobe
 Description: Belonged to the first mayor of Criciúma: Macos Rovaris. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Interior of the Cathedral
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Capim Criciúma
 Description: Plant native from this region, which is attributed the name of the city, which existed in abundance during the colonization. It is a grass genera Arundinários and Cusquea. In the indigenous language, the name Criciúma means: stick smooth and delicate, a small bamboo.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Congresso Square
 Description: This square was designed to urbanize a central area of the city, and as a mark of celebration of the National Eucharistic Congress which was held in 1946 in Criciúma. The architectural and landscape design was done by architect Fernando Jorge da Cunha Carneiro.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Estado Palace
 Description: Built in the 1960s, was the Forum of Criciúma for decades. It's architecture was influenced from the Bauhaus School of Architecture and Design, Germany.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Small Sink of holy water
 Description: Sink of holy water from 1920s used in the couple's Marcos Rovaris and Celestina Zilli Rovaris room. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Organ
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Oil painting
 Description: Collection of the Church of St. Casimir. One of the three paintings brought by Polish immigrants who came to the Linha Batista. The other paintings were of Our Lady of Częstochowa and Santa Edvirges, which are also part of the Church's acquis.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/03/2012
 Title: Image of Our Lady Aparecida
 Description: Small image of Our Lady Aparecida dating, presumably 1920, from the Chapel of Santa Augusta neighborhood, demolished in 1934. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Monument to the first industry of Criciúma
 Description: It is written on the plate: "Moved by human strength, these stones were rolled through virgin forest, about 40 km, destined to the first industry of Criciúma, in 1880 ... Tribute to the brave founding colonists of this town."
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Stones of the Monument of the first industry of Criciúma
 Description: It is written on the plate: "Moved by human strength, these stones were rolled through virgin forest, about 40 km, destined to the first industry of Criciúma, in 1880 ... Tribute to the brave founding colonists of this town."
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Our Lady of Lourdes grotto
 Description: Stairs for access to the Grotto
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 11/10/2010
 Title: 6 de Janeiro Street
 Description: Street located in the heart of Criciúma has this name in honor of its founding date: January 6, 1880
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Dry leaves on the avenue
 Description: Getúlio Vargas Avenue is located in the city center of Criciúma
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/11/2013
 Title: Geral Mountains
 Description: View of the Geral Mountains from the city of Criciúma
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 05/08/2013
 Title: Lake of the Congresso Square
 Description: This square was designed to urbanize a central area of the city, and as a mark of celebration of the National Eucharistic Congress which was held in 1946 in Criciúma. The architectural and landscape design was done by architect Fernando Jorge da Cunha Carneiro.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Old shaving set
 Description: Old shaving set from the early twentieth century. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Flowers
 Description: Flowers of the Cemetery of St. Casimir Church at Linha Batista
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/03/2012
 Title: Plates of carts
 Description: Plates found in the town of Orleans region, and that were used in the 1930s and 1940s. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Twine set
 Description: This twine set was used in the Bortoluzzi family Store, in the city of Nova Veneza, around 1930s. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Clothes iron
 Description: Used by the firsts Italian immigrants in the late nineteenth century and early twentieth century. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Kerosene lampion
 Description: Used by the early Italian immigrants, around 1930s and 1940s. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Flowers
 Description: Flowers of the Cemetery of St. Casimir Church at Linha Batista
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/03/2012
 Title: Pair of boots
 Description: Made by the father of Julia Gaidzinski in Criciúma and were bought by Caetano Sonego. Were used for riding, and had the long barrel because it also served to river crossings. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Bricks of the Chimney
 Description: It is located in the neighborhood Próspera in the Chimney Square. This Chimney was part of a power plant, owned by a company of coal extraction which was inaugurated on 1st May, 1943. Observe that the bricks still retains the marks of the hands of the workers who made them
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/11/2013
 Title: Inside view
 Description: Our Lady of Lourdes grotto
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 14/02/2008
 Title: Our Lady of Lourdes grotto
 Description: Facade of the grotto
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 11/10/2010
 Title: Facade of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Description: The architecture of the building was designed and built by Augusto Casagrande in 1920.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: The train tracks
 Description: Located at the boundary between of the cities of Criciúma and Nova Veneza
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/08/2011
 Title: Night view
 Description: Partial view of the city
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 23/12/2012
 Title: Pleyel Piano
 Description: First piano brought to Criciúma in 1939 by Mrs. Zulcema Póvoas Carneiro, piano teacher. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 07/03/2013
 Title: Old Chimney
 Description: It is located in the neighborhood Próspera in the Chimney Square. This Chimney was part of a power plant, owned by a company of coal extraction called Carbonífera Próspera SA, which was inaugurated on 1st May, 1943. The energy produced by the plant was used for maintenance on weekends
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 10/11/2013
 Title: Posterior view of the Cathedral
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 11/10/2010
 Title: Benjamin Bristot Gallery
 Description: The construction of the Benjamin Bristot Gallery dates back to the 1970s. It was the first covered shopping center of the city of Criciúma
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 08/11/2013
 Title: Interior of a coal mine
 Description: Octávio Fontana Visitation Mine. In this image it is possible to see the different thicknesses of coal layers.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 09/11/2013
 Title: Interior of the Cathedral
 Description: St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Pillars of the Church
 Description: St. Casimir Church is located at Linha Batista. It was built by Polish immigrants and inaugurated in 1930. Its name is a tribute to St. Casimir, patron of the Linha Batista.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 13/03/2012
 Title: Mário Ghisi Railway Agent`s House Memorial
 Description: It is a memorial on the history of the Dona Tereza Cristina Railroad in the city. The building was built in the 1920s and was intended to accommodate the railway agent of the station and his family. It is located in the city center.
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 14/01/2017
 Title: Oil painting
 Description: Oil Painting on the ceiling of St. Joseph Cathedral
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 20/10/2012
 Title: Small Sink of holy water
 Description: Sink of holy water from 1920s used in the couple's Augusto Casagrande and Cecília Darós Casagrande room. Collection of the Historic and Geographic Augusto Casagrande Museum
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 06/03/2013
 Title: Inside view
 Description: Our Lady of Lourdes grotto
 Local: Criciúma, Brazil
 Date of Registration: 14/02/2008
 


  © 2018 Copyright Ruy Machado. All rights reserved.